Friday, February 20, 2009

Your Kids will LOVE this!!!

I came across this cake last week and thought I would try it. My girls loved it so much that we have made it twice. Here is the recipe
A box of white cake mix
16 oz bottle of Sprite
That is it!!!
Mix those two ingredients together. Separate the batter into different bowls. Put different colors of food coloring in each. Then drop in the batter. Bake it at whatever the box says. After it is cooked it is just as bright, it's pretty cool.
The recipe said that you ice it with Cool Whip and Instant Pudding mixed together.

The second time I made it, I didn't have Sprite so I just followed the box instructions but I also added a thing of yogurt. I actually prefer it this way. Then you can ice the cake with Cool Whip and yogurt mixed together and food coloring, of coarse.

Since I have been in Young Womans I have done a lot of firsts. I had never sent out a mass email, that was a first. I had never had Bob's famous (and amazingly delicious) tacos, that was a first also. And lastly, I had never made a double layer cake. I have to be honest, I was a little scared but I did it. I know that I need A LOT of work but it's a start.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Reagan Family said...

That cake looks awesome!! I am going to have to try it with Logan. We need to come and play. They are so cute in their little gymnastic outfits...cute cute girls!

everyday katie said...

That does sound fun. I'll try it. So you're in Young Women? That's my favorite calling ever. Do you enjoy your ward? We're coming out next month. Hopefully we can get together.

Anonymous said...

that cake is hypnotizing. i keep coming back to your blog to stare at it.

Anonymous said...

WOW! Cool colored cakes! I'm going to try that!! And great job on the double layered cake! I've made a few before but i don't think they're getting better...the last one i made looked good when i left it and when i came back 15 min later the top layer had slid over a couple inches! YEP...it was like the leaning tower of piza!